HubSpot is one of the leading CRMs for fast-growing companies. It allows you to run your marketing and sales pipelines smoothly from a single web application.
But there is a problem. HubSpot offers limited tools to track and analyze your data. To answer your most pressing analytical queries you need to work with the raw data that is hidden in your CRM.
Keboola is a data platform that allows you to export data from HubSpot (among 250 other integrations) to the destination of your choice.
With Keboola you can:
Did we mention Keboola offers a no-questions-asked, always-free tier, so you can export all your data today.
In this article, we will show you how to extract and automate your HubSpot data with Keboola.
There are two prerequisites to make the data extraction work:
Let’s go through the steps of getting a HubSpot API key:
Navigate to your Keboola account (or sign-up for a free one) if you have not already and:
This step is all about specifying what type of data you would like to see exported.
Start by connecting Keboola’s HubSpot extractor with your HubSpot account by simply copy-pasting the API key from Step 1 into the API token window:
Next, specify the parameters of your HubSpot data collection:
1. Period from date [including] - the start date from which to begin data extraction. It can be specified as an absolute date (in the format YYYY-MM-DD) or as a relative date (e.g. “yesterday” or “1 month ago”). If you leave this field empty, Keboola’s extractor will export all available data.
2. Endpoints - check what information you would like exported.
3. Load types - control what happens to new data. With “Full Load” the existing data will get overridden. With “Incremental Update” only new records will be inserted.
4. Automate - click on automate (right-hand-side), chose the frequency of how often you would like data updated, and set the entire export on autopilot. No need to worry about exporting data again, Keboola will do the heavy lifting for you.
5. Click Save to make sure all your configuration preferences are recorded.
6. (Optional) If you want to extract data now, click on Run component (right-hand-side)
Keboola will automatically extract data from your HubSpot account and organize it according to the schema you selected in the previous step.
Because we selected multiple tables to be exported (companies, campaigns, …), Keboola will smartly organize that data together in a HubSpot bucket.
To check your data go to Storage in the main navigation menu and find the bucket with your HubSpot data. (pro tip: enter the keyword “hubspot” in the “search all buckets and tables” bar to find it faster).
By clicking on the bucket name (“kds-team-ex-hubspot-crm-5631324” in this example), you get an overview of all your tables and the data inside them.
Now it is time for you to shine.
There are multiple things you can do with the extracted HubSpot data at this point: